A MICHAELS CHRISTMAS - In Universe Holiday Playlist
Yooooo it's the most wonderful time of the year.
It’s that time again - the best time of the year. I threw together a playlist of my favorite holiday tunes. Weirdly, this ended up being mostly oldies (like, real oldies) but I guess that’s because for a long time my parents were deciding what we listened to. - Caleb
1. "Santa Baby" - Macy Gray
One of my mom’s favorite movies is “Mona Lisa Smile”. It’s SO boring, but this version of this song is pretty cool.
2. "All I Want for Christmas is You" - Mariah Carey
No Christmas playlist would be complete without this.
3. "Christmas Wrapping" - The Waitresses
HIGHLY underrated Christmas tune in my opinion. Those horns know what’s up.
4. "Last Christmas" - Wham!
Wham! is so cringingly 80s cheesy but this is still a classic.
5. "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" - Rufus Wainwright
My dad is obsessed with Rufus Wainwright. He’s got kind of a weird voice but I dig it.
6. "River" - Joni Mitchell
A fave of my mom's. Really sad but I like it anyway.
7. "Christmas is Coming Soon" - Blitzen Trapper
Adam introduced me to this band and I’m really getting into them. I also like that Blitzen is in their name - very on theme.
8. "Christmas Lights" - Coldplay
Just the most chill xmas tune ever.
9. "Sleigh Ride" - Relient K
Relient K is sort of an old band at this point, but I still like their stuff.
10. "Happy XMas (War is Over)" - John Lennon
Another mom pick. I guess she really likes those sad tunes.
11. "All I Want for Christmas is New Year's Day" - Hurts
This song is from, like, 2010, but it sounds like it’s from the 80s. I love it.